Dealing with a clogged drain can be an incredibly frustrating experience. It can be messy, limit your day-to-day activities, and many store-bought drain cleaners prove to be ineffective. Worse still, these over-the-counter cleaners often utilize chemicals that can potentially corrode your pipes. Instead of dealing with a chronically clogged drain or multiple clogs, turn to our skilled professionals at Impact Plumbing LLC. We are a team of licensed, bonded, and insured plumbers who offers expert drain cleaning services to homes and businesses throughout Las Vegas. We start every service with a free estimate and upfront prices, so you always know exactly what to expect.
Our team understands that you don’t want to call a professional plumber unless you really need one. That is why in addition to diagnosing and cleaning your drain, we keep you informed about the best ways to maintain your drains as well as what to look for in order to determine whether you should call one of our professional plumbers.
5 signs you need professional drain cleaning:
- A drain is slow to empty, or won’t empty at all
- You are experiencing recurring clogs
- Multiple drains are clogged
- You notice an odd or foul smell coming from your kitchen sink
- You are experiencing a sewage backup
How to Avoid Clogged Drains
Clogs can not only make daily activities like showering and washing dishes a challenge, but they can also turn into larger issues, such as cracks and major backups. Unfortunately, even small items like grease, soap scum, hair, and eggshells, can lead to clogs. With over twenty years of experience, our team at Impact Plumbing LLC knows what it takes to keep clogs at bay.
Tips for avoiding clogged drains include:
- Avoid putting certain foods down your garbage disposal: Foods such as flour, rice, coffee grounds, fat, and grease can build up in your sink, even with a garbage disposal, leading to a clog.
- Use a hair stopper in the shower: A hair stopper is an affordable way to drastically limit clogs in showers and tubs. Hair can clump and become wrapped around other objects to create clogs quickly.
- Rinse your drains occasionally: A quick and easy way to break up small buildups in your drain is regularly rinsing them with warm water and vinegar. We recommend doing this once a month.
How To Unclog A Drain With Standing Water
When water collects in your sink, shower, or even outside your home, it’s a sure indication that you have a clogged drain. Standing water can make your life unpleasant altogether, fortunately, there are many ways to clear your drains before calling in the professionals.
Clogged drains are commonly caused by hair and shower products creating build-up in your pipes over time. Mineral build-up from hard water can also create clogs. These clogs may be simple to get rid of.
Easy ways to unclog a drain:
- Use a plunger.
- Did you try using a chemical to fix your clog? Wait 2 days before using a plunger to avoid chemical injuries.
- To plunge your drain successfully, run your water until there is enough to cover the bottom of your plunger. Put the plunger over the drain and begin plunging. Do this for at least 3 minutes, then run the water again for 1 - 2 minutes to make sure that the drain is unclogged. If the water comes back, try plunging again.
- Check if the drain is still clogged by running hot water for 3 minutes, then cold water for 2 minutes. If the drain is still clogged, try plunging again.
- Try the other options below or call a plumber if the drain continues to be clogged.
- Use baking soda and vinegar.
- Do not use this method if you have PVC pipes.
- Pour ¾ cup to 1 cup of baking soda down the drain. Use a tool like a popsicle stick to push all of it down the drain.
- Slowly pour ½ cup to 1 cup of vinegar down the drain. It will begin to fizz.
- Cover the drain with a rag and let it sit for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Boil 8 cups of water and carefully power it down the drain.
- Check if the drain is still clogged by running water for 5 minutes. If the water is still backed up, try the process again.
- Use a drain snake.
- Shower drains are typically 3 inches in diameter. A ¼-inch to 5/16-inch cable that is 15 to 25 feet long should work.
- Get a pair of gloves for using the drain snake -- you will be pulling up substances from your pipes
- Start by inserting the snake slowly into the drain. You should only need to feed it in for a few feet. When you feel resistance, lock it in place, and rotate the handle. Doing so should break up the clog.
- Carefully pull the snake out of the drain and clean off any debris that it pulls up.
- Check for the drain clog by running water for 1 minute. If the water does not drain completely, try using the snake again.
- When all the clogs are gone, run the water 5 minutes to ensure that all obstructions are gone.
- Be sure to clean and dry the drain snake after use to ensure that it does not rust and it can be used again.
When To Call For Las Vegas Drain Cleaning
Don’t hesitate to call Impact Plumbing LLC! If you’ve tried the methods above and the clog continues to return, it is simply not working, or you are squeamish, give our drain cleaning experts in Las Vegas a call at (702) 500-0228! Our licensed plumbing professionals are experienced and know how to handle any plumbing problems, big or small. We’re available for 24/7 emergency services and have served clients, residential and commercial, for more than 20 years. Have a clogged drain? Get in touch with excellent, reliable plumbers at Impact Plumbing LLC.
“I couldn't be happier that I found Impact!”David
“Joe is awesome and always takes care of things! I appreciate the responsiveness of Impact Plumbing and the work they do!”Carlos C.
“Impact Plumbing. Awesome plumbers. Had roots growing down in the toilet drain! Joe and his workers were very knowledgeable, quick and efficient! Highly recommended! Five Star!”Steven R.
“These guys are great from start to finish. They are very professional and personable. They arrived on time and I am very happy with the service they provided. The Taylors are FANTASTIC to deal with and I definitely recommend them for your plumbing needs!”Jodi B.
“Previous owner incorrectly installed a hot water recirculating pump. Matthew provided me several options and fixed the problem according to my request. He was very professional and efficient.”David G.
“I absolutely had to leave this review for when Gerson assisted me. I can't thank Gerson enough for this, also, he even went the extra mile, and showed me how to unclog a sink, so that I didn't have the sewer smell anymore.”Todd C.
At Impact Plumbing LLC, our skilled plumbers want you to get the high-quality service you need, exactly when you need it. That is why we offer both same-day appointments and after-hours service for your convenience. As a local and family-owned company, we take pride in delivering results that are second to none. We offer industry-leading drain cleaning services to homes and businesses in Las Vegas and surrounding areas. Our team follows up with every customer to ensure your service was successful and above your expectations.
Call our team at (702) 500-0228 or fill out our online contact form to schedule a drain cleaning appointment today!
A Team of Trained and Certified Technicians
Free Estimates Available
Available 24/7 for Emergency Services
Providing Great Customer Experience
Over 20 Years of Experience
Family Owned and Operated